Monday, October 15, 2012

My Weekend

This weekend I got my nails done, first ever gel polish manicure... it is awesome!
It's China Glaze's Voodoo You Do 


It's sort of a deep wine color.  In the sunlight it goes more maroon, and indoors it's more of a garnet.  It's also got some sparkles to it.  Vampy indeed.


The ladies at the nail place suggested I do a gel manicure rather than normal polish.  It's supposed to last 2 weeks and be virtually indestructible.  So far, after 2 loads of laundry, painting a bathroom, and doing hand-wash dishes, I can say that's true.  Perfect for someone as imperfectly- hazard prone as me (for real- I wouldn't dream of wearing white jeans).

Other happenings- Blakely got a new toy, and a new sleeping position.




My Gamecocks lost, which spun me into cookie baking.  I'm an emotional eater.  I made my mom's favorite cookies.  I used to make these often, but hadn't in a few years.  I'm surprised I could even find the recipe.  They're chocolate chip oatmeal spice, and I'm not over the loss to LSU yet, so I brought some with me to work today.




Maybe they'll chase away the Monday blues, too.   Ohhh, and my black & white fabric shipped!  Can't wait to get started on the next project.  :)