Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blakers

Just an update on our precious pup.  Not looking so pup-ish these days, but still acting every bit her age.  Over the months (all 8 of them), she has gotten a variety of names.  A rundown of our most used, and her most preferred, are Blakers, Dajing, Dajingy, Jing, Jinger, das Chug, Chuggy, Chugs, Jingy Chugs, Bear, Belley, and of course, Precious Pup.  Her Christian name, however, is simply Blakely Belle.

Trying to sleep here, Dad...


She LOVES hubs more than words.  Also my dad.  She's ridiculous about both of them.  Her favorite new thing to do to her mommy (me) is to come sit next to me in the living room, sit sweetly for a few minutes, just looking at me with her big eyes and floppy ears... and then to fart and quickly leave the scene.  This has become routine for her, and she only does it to me.  Thanks, Chuggy.

I didn't do it...

She does all sorts of tricks... when she wants to.  On her schedule.  And only if treats are involved.  She sits, lays down, shakes, high fives, stays, and waits.  Again, only when she feels like it.  She's not real into someone telling her what to do.  Such a woman.

I'm deciding to sit now, so snap the pic fast.

She barks at her picture on the mantle.  She barks at people who won't come and pet her and let her totally dominate their personal space.  She barks at squirrels and rabbits.  She barks at the TV.  She barks at the dishwasher.  She barks at rocks.  Girl has got a lot to say.  Such a woman.

The funniest thing she does is sleep talk.  The other night she was snoozing and snoring (her usual), when I heard this high pitched "zzzz woof woof zzzz woof".  It was hilarious.  Silly girl.

Dreaming of squirrels and socks I can chew...

And, we're still trying to find the perfect indestructible toy with not much luck so far.  We've tried it ALL- the fire hose, the no-stuffing toys, the mega balls, the mega chewers, the big time chewers, the I-promise-your-dog-can't-tear-this-apart ropes, ALL of it.  She totally owns every last one of them.  Within minutes she'll have whatever said toy in pieces.  Ha.  Nothing can stop her at the task at hand (aka rip it to bits!); she is so determined and head strong.  Such a woman.

Who, me?

Hard to believe she was ever so little.

Sure I'm cute, but you have NO idea what's in store for you when I get bigger! 

We love that crazy Jinger Chugs!


Get off me!