Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Half Bath- Finished

Well, it has been a few months since my last post on our half bath on the main floor.  I ended up deciding against stencils, after a ton of persistence from hubs urging me against the idea.  I love the blue we painted it back in December.  Certainly better than the so-dark-red-you-can't-see-where-you're-going (literally in this room...), see for yourself with these before shots:



And so, blue did help (I used Behr Silver Sage). 

But, something still bothered me about this half bath and I just couldn't figure out what was throwing me off.  Until, Aunt Bonnie suggested painting the sink console black.  That was it! The white cabinet and white countertop, I don't know, I wasn't loving how it all blended in together against that black mirror I spray painted when we moved in.  So, black it went.  With some new crystal knobs from Home Depot.



The black I used was Benjamin Moore Dragon's Breath.  It is more of a charcoal, deep gray than a pitch black.  I really love it!   I know I've posted on this previously, but like I said yesterday, my new phone's camera is maybe the best camera I've ever owned (how sad am I!).  And, I finally framed my Lace House print and hung it above the hand towel rod.  And this bathroom is done!

Lace House print and SC embroidered towel are from the SC Gift Shop State House Grounds (before it closed).  Spray paint used was Rustoleum in black rust. 


Painting by the Bodie Houston Gallery (me!).  A few pieces for sale at http://www.bodiehouston.etsy.com/.  Ticking stripe towels from Pottery Barn.