Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Confession

I cheated on Pottery Barn.  There, I said it.  Moving on.  I came across a great Etsy shop recently.  It is called Chic Decor Pillows.  It is a mother/daughter team that creates beautiful pillow cases of all different sizes.  Most of their prints are modern/bohemian influenced, but all of them are unique and different.  The pillows have also been showcased on the Nate Berkus show! That is pretty impressive I think.  Anyways, I decided I'd give them a shot... and the more I browsed their selection, the more in love I fell. 

I'm a nut for pillow covers anyways.  It doesn't take much to wow me.  I love pillows because they are so easy to switch in and out as the mood hits you.  Unlike paint/furniture/etc that costs time and money, pillows can instantly change the look of a room without the elbow grease.  With all that being said, y'all I have to confess that these are some of the best pillows I've seen.  Yes, even better than Pottery Barn.  The quality is amazing.  You can certainly tell this mother/daughter team is gifted in the art of sewing, and the fabrics they choose are nice and sturdy.  I'm glad I decided to order a few of these pillows to add to our in-progress-neutral-bedroom scheme.  After browsing, and browsing, and window shopping the store over and over (they add new pillow designs all the time), I settled on the following wonders:

Gray and Cream Ikat
Neutral Ikat
 Ivory Geometric Circles
 Antique Champagne & Metallic Silver Damask
I'm totally impressed that anybody can sew, period.  I should note that I joined a sewing class at the beginning of this year with my friend, Flower.  I attended the first class, in which we received some homework.  A simple task for anyone but me, really: buy your supplies from the given supply list at your local fabric store.  I spent close to 3 hours in the stupid store, (yes, it was stupid), asking myself- notions? what the heck are notions?  I gave up right then and there, realizing this wasn't fun or interesting to me.  I'd continue to pay other people to sew things for me from their magic notion loving fingers.  But, I'm really really blown away that the women of Chic Decor Pillows sew this well.  The edges are perfectly done, and the zipper is so well hidden.  The covers fit like a glove, too.  Awesome work! 

So, if you are on the hunt to change up your own room, you should of course look at Pottery Barn, and, as I've confessed already, Chic Decor Pillows will not disappoint either.