Thursday, December 20, 2018

Cookie Swap 2018

I have so much to catch up on here on the blog- from trips to events to the kiddos, etc. Let's start with the cookie swap I went to at the beginning of the month!

My client Tami invited me to her famous cookie swap and of course I said YES! I should preface this that I agreed to come BEFORE hearing the rules.... HA!!!!

 It was her 29th year hosting the swap, and these ladies are serious about these cookies, I tell ya! She went over the rules with me- NO no-bakes, no bars, no bark, no pudding, no cake mix, no brownies, no blondies, MUST BE FROM SCRATCH. MUST BE A COOKIE!

OK. Gulp....

No pressure! HA!

She has each guest bring cookies in a container, with the cookie name, date, and your name, along with a decorative 8 1/2 x 11 of the cookie recipe. Most people do a theme for their cookie, so I went with coffee since I drink so much of it.

I searched the internet for coffee cookies and came up with cappuccino cookies. These were the only ones that didn't look like a coffee cake (eh hem, see rules above, NO CAKE, must be a cookie!!) and actually sounded yummy to me. And they have coffee right in the cookie, so I knew it had to be good.

For the container I continued with the theme and served the cookies in to-go cups with coffee beans in the bottom. We were to make 17 containers with 4 cookies in each, and then a tasting tray with 6 cookies. That's a lot of baking, but I survived!

All of the cookies at the swap were so yummy, and the themes people came up with! Holy moly! A lot of the attendees were teachers like my client, and you know teachers do not mess around when it comes to a party!













Thanks, Tami, for inviting me. So much fun!!!