Thursday, May 12, 2016

10 & 11 Weeks

Mae Caroline turns 11 weeks old Saturday! Time is flying. I missed the 10 week update, oopsies. I'll recap for your baby book, MC, no worries!







So, last weekend was Mother's Day. Unfortunately, Hubs was sick and MC came down with her first little illness. Some sort of virus that caused some throwing up and a rash all over. It disrupted her sleep Thursday to Saturday, and she wanted constant attention and love throughout the day. By Monday morning she looked to be feeling much better. By Tuesday she was back to her happy self! However, the slight hiccup also caused a hiccup to her good sleeping habits. The main problem being getting her down at night and staying down for the duration.

Sooooo... I picked up my Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book for a refresher course. I haven't looked at it since Evans was a baby because we really have not had the need (thankfully). I LOVE this book. It is incredibly helpful in understanding why sleep is important and how babies sleep. Picking up on tired cues, not letting them become overtired, and getting that all important rested FAMILY (not just baby). I realized by bedtime MC was sort of an overtired zombie lady here lately. So that meant- moving bedtime up, and keeping her awake less during the day. It seems counter intuitive, but sleep begets sleep as the book says. And I've found that to be very true with both of my kids!

OK all that is to say- I moved her bath to 5:45 (I know, crazy early) and she's in the bed by 6:15. The past two nights this has worked incredibly well. She may wake up from busting out of the swaddle (that's next to go) but gets right back down easily THANK YOU LORD. She's sleeping until about 7:30 AM! I've also been doing my best to not let her become too tired during the day. Babies at this age should really only have 60-90 minutes of wakefulness at a time. MC usually starts vegging out when she creeps close to 1 hour of being awake, and I am quick to lay her down for her nap. However, she definitely handles the overtired state MUCH MUCH better than big sister did at this age.

She seems to be stretching out her meals as well. She eats about every 3-4 hours during the day. At the doctor last weekend she weighed 12 lbs 4 oz. Wearing 6 months and size 1 diapers..... growing, growing!



She is a sweet smiley little thing and loves to watch Evans run around. Although, she gets a nervous look on her face if Evans comes in close to her face giggling. HA. I'm sure in a few months MC will be laughing hard at big sister.







I've gotten back to work and am really enjoying the part time gig of interior design and also the mommy time it still allows me to have. Hooray for work/life balance! Some days staying home makes me slightly insane. I have to get out and about to keep a sense of self. The days are long but the years are short... I have to keep that in mind. It is the dang truth. Evans seems like a GIANT now, when in reality it was only a couple years ago when I was in the ring with my first infant. Oh me.