Thursday, October 2, 2014

Master Reno: Flooring & Countertop

Yes, the bathroom is still coming along... Ha! I am a broken record, but these things take time and money, who knew??

The lights and mirrors are installed! 

And the gray tiles are on the floor! Woo! Never knew I could be so giddy over a floor. I have problems. 


But isn't she pretty??!! 


So here's where it's all going. The master bedroom just off this bathroom is getting these hardwoods. They are the same hardwoods as the upstairs and very similar to the downstairs. The walls in both bed and bath are painted in Behr Perfect Taupe (the circle piece of sheetrock here). I'm going to bring in lots of texture (like Pottery Barn's jute rug here) and neutrals. My mom said everything NEUTRAL and NO COLOR. Yes, ma'am. 


For the countertop in the bathroom, I had my heart set on granite in princess white. Of course, come to find out, it's custom order, super expensive, and hardly anyone carries it for that reason. Ok, then. Moving on.

To a more affordable option- silestone. Apparently much more durable than granite, marble, etc and comes in a jillion and five colors. Nice! I was choosing between the colors Lagoon and Bianco River, and landed on Bianco River. It's a - you guessed it - neutral white and gray. 

And I chose to have an "eased edge". Clean and simple. 


I will share some HomeGoods & Pottery Barn finds for the room soon!