Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pumpkin Marshmallow Cake

I'm sure by now everyone has tried the 2-ingredient muffins that involve spice cake and a can of pumpkin. If you haven't- google it. It's amazing. I've been addicted to that recipe for a few years now and have never been disappointed. Last weekend, I was craving pumpkin hard. I love this time of year. There's nothing like fall in my opinion. 

I came across a recipe for a pumpkin spice cake that involved marshmallows. My pregnant self couldn't resist, so I got busy baking. 


I won't tell you how many pieces I've demolished since....


Ingredients:

1 box spice cake
2/3 cup sugar
4 eggs
1/3 cup veg oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 15oz can pure pumpkin

Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark nonstick pan). Grease 9x13 pan ( you can also do a layered cake or a bundt). 

This is such a hard step, y'all. Beat everything together. Use low speed until moist, then beat on high for two minutes. 

Spread batter into pan. Top with marshmallows. Bake 30-35 minutes ( I just kept an eye on it, it took a little longer in my oven). 

Let cool (or don't, no judgment here). Enjoy!