Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

So after a no-sew which made for a so-so weekend, yesterday totally made up for it.  It all started off with a FULL night's rest.  Seriously 8.5 hours!  Tuesday morning I felt awesome.  I usually stumble around in the dark getting ready for my day on about 6.5 hours because I don't know when to just call it a day and go to bed.  I'm all Matchbox 20 ish "it's 6am,  I must be lethargic, yea" (err freaking exhausted actually).

Off to work I went with lots of REM dream sleep behind me.  Ready to start my day.  9:45am, BOOM power out.  I don't work in a small building either.  I work in a huge high rise in midtown ATL, and the building lost power.  Say what?  When does that EVER happen?  It doesn't.  And we were sent home at noon.  When does THAT ever happen?  Next to never.  No, not even next to never.  Not even in the same room as never.  So, that basically rocked out as I spent the rest of my day at a friend's house, at Steinmart, and with my neighbor.

But, if a bee had knees, this next part would be both patellas.  Probably even the femur if a bee had one.  ROMAN SHADES!  AHH!  Two are completed and installed thanks to my crafty sewing southernista of a friend.  I can't wait until they are all finished! This room already looks a thousand percent to infinity better.  It's amazing what curtains can do for a space, isn't it?  It's even more amazing that she was able to sew this and just learned to sew like a minute ago.  What? Yea, it's true.  Some people just got mad skillz yo.







I am so in love with them, I cannot even explain it.  After the shades went up, my  neighbor and I just sat and stared at them as if they were a sweet sleeping baby.  But better than that because we know they won't wake up and start screaming; they're always going to be hanging there in a sweet-looking state.  I also made a few pillows for the living room to bring the fabric into a connecting room.  I love the black and brown neutrals used together!



So, all that to say it was a terrific Tuesday indeed!