Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Five Classics

Happy Halloween you ghouls and ghosts!  Here are my top five favorite "classic" movies.  Sure, there's a lot of Halloween-ish movies I love (Hocus Pocus and Halloween being two), but this list is just the older stuff that maybe you haven't seen, because you didn't grow up dorky loving a good scare like I did! 



5. 
 Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) 

I couldn't sleep for weeks after I first saw this.  Probably because I was so young.  Ok, I was 16.  Still, this is a creepy movie!  It's total creep-town to me that anyone could be a pod person.  Memorable quote: "I keep seeing these people, all recognizing each other.  Something is passing between them all, some secret.  It's a conspiracy, I know it."


4. 
Wait Until Dark (1967)

I know, I know.  Not technically a "horror" or "slasher" movie.  But, a really freakin' good one.  Starring Audrey Hepburn, no less, and I love her.  See it if you haven't.  It's a thriller for sure, and you will forget to breathe during most of it.  Memorable quote:  "You can have the doll!"


3.
Psycho (1960)

Duh, how could this not be on my list?  There's plenty of movies that have made me forever hate hotels, and showers, but this has to be the ultimate "I'll just stay home, with greasy hair" movie.   Memorable quote: "She might have fooled me, but she didn't fool my mother".


2.
Rosemary's Baby (1968)

I can't believe this movie made my blog.  I'm not kidding.  I don't even like to talk about this movie, but if we are going top 5 classics, it's in there, because it really messed me up for a long time.  And I only just recently watched it for the first time ever about 4 years ago.  I slept with the bathroom light on.  I will never EVER watch this movie again, it is that scary and disturbing.  I've never been one of those who can't leave a movie behind and realize it's just a movie.  Movies just don't stick with me like that.  But, my husband still enjoys picking on me for this movie, because it did stay with me.  Yuck.  No memorable quote here because I don't want to relive it. (yeah, I'm serious!)


1.
The Haunting (1963)

BEST scary movie of all time in my opinion.  And, one I can watch over and over and not need my light on. Ha!  Rent it if you haven't seen it yet.  And be sure to watch the original, NOT the remake (which is dreadful).  Memorable quote:  "Hill House has stood for 90 years and might stand for 90 more".




And that's it for my classic oldies but goodies! Have a safe and happy Halloween!