Monday, April 30, 2012

Master Bedroom Ideas (again)

More of my "one day" ideas.  A girl can dream, right?  Another one of my doodles.  I was serious when I said I do this often!

I've really been wanting to try out the DIY tufted headboard pin that is buzzing around Pinterest boards.  I think I've convinced my dad to actually help me make one, too!  We did some measuring this past weekend, and I think we are going to attempt a 77x42" headboard.  Big and dramatic! I'll be sure to post pictures.  I have 8 yards of a seafoamy blue velvet (yes, velvet) fabric leftover from a project several years ago.  Glad I hung on to it! 

The other fabric choices I found browsing through etsy/fabric.com/and a variety of other home dec websites.  My favorites are Premier Prints Chipper in the eaton blue color and  Vintage French Inspired Feedsack in charcoal. 
I also went to the Ballard Designs Outlet last weekend just to browse around and noticed they have a ton of the Garden District mirrors there right now.  Holy cow, wish I had the mula to jump on those because I am certain they will not last at those awesome prices (marked down, PLUS 30% off...ok the secrets out, go buy them up.)  Those would look so cool hung on either side of the headboard to reflect light from our Pottery Barn Chelsea Swingarm lamps hubs and I got a few years back. 

Ohhh, one day......... Until then, I'm sure I'll just keep doodling random ideas and pinning different pretty fabrics of my dreams.