Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Lake Build Updates


What a week! We just got back from Charleston from seeing Heather McMahan. Holy cow. She's hilarious, but some of the audience members were kind of ruining the show. Maybe I'm just an old fart these days, but I'd rather not feel like I'm at a high school party, if you know what I'm saying. Wink wink. 

In other news, I posted my Christmas 2019 sign up last week and you guys got it totally booked up. I thank you!! I look forward to coming and being your elf again this year for holiday design. If you signed up, you'll receive an email from me this week confirming the date and time. Be sure to respond so I know you got it! 

Today I thought I would share a few of the latest pictures I took over at the lake build! I need to run back over soon and take more pictures because it looks different even now with the addition of art on the walls, lamps, etc. 

How great is this space for entertaining? A large kitchen island doubles as the kitchen table for this family. The large doors open up to the screen porch and grilling area overlooking the water. 


Two Pottery Barn reclining chairs in a handsome pin stripe.  Iron nesting tables also Pottery Barn. 



Functional and pretty! 
Eventually a backsplash will be added to the beverage fridge wall. 
Around the back is a homework/bills/desk area that leads to the walk in pantry room. Plenty of storage! 



The details here-  antiques and collected finds my clients already owned that are gracing the shelves, traditional leather couches, modern iron side tables and stair railing, and a nod to French style with the oversized iron chandelier, texture with brick and groove ceiling, and we've got every fabric you can think of on the pillows (velvet, linen, faux fur, knits)... I love the mix! 


Many people are afraid of painting their rooms white for fear it will be cold. It's all about the layering after the paint though. Paint is just the backdrop for all the goodies. 






The master bedroom suite is also coming along. Custom drapes and custom iron hardware finished off these windows. Beautiful job by Martha & Ash. 






The home office also coming along. These shelves are painted SW Indigo Batik , in real life they are more of a deep blue.  In decorating bookshelves, I like to leave some breathing room. Less is more. Negative space is just as important as the positive space. That keeps your shelves from being cluttered. Also working in a color scheme across the shelves helps unify them. Here I've done a mix of the clay & camel and medium wood tones. 




Now I'm off to shop for a project. Hoping the heat will not do me in. This weather is stupid, y'all. 

Have a good one!