Friday, January 4, 2019

SAN DIEGO!

I do realize it's 2019 and January, oops!!!


Two months ago we went to CALIFORNIA! Hubby had a Young Life conference for work in SAN DIEGO, so of course when the wives were invited, I jumped at the chance to go! California is not really what I had picture, so "mountainy" (my made up word during that week). I guess I'm just a southern girl used to flat coastal landscapes. HA! I couldn't believe how hilly and cliffy it was out there. Hubby liked to point out that's why it's called "Hills". Duh. I don't get out much, people.

Gorgeous resort where we stayed! The Rancho Bernardo Inn & Spa. Go to the spa if you stay here, you won't be disappointed. Highlight of my stay for sure!
















We escaped out to Coronado one day for shopping and sight seeing. So fun. We went to the Hotel Del and shopped around town. Ate lunch at Bistro D'Asia and had the best sesame chicken OF MY LIFE.
Also discovered that the Hotel Del is now a Hilton property, so you can bet we'll be back for a stay!















One night we went out to the La Jolla area and ate at George's at the Cove. Our table was overlooking the ocean and service was outstanding. Heaters, of course, because it was chilly at night right off the ocean. BUT- They also brought around blankets for their dining guests. I mean have you ever? Maybe this isn't as impressive to some, but again I don't get out much. And the FOOD. Holy moly. We were talking about this meal for weeks. If you get the chance, GO!!!












It was a great trip, but as usual, I was ready to be home to my babies!